Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Confessions Of A…….?

Okay, so I turned twenty late last year and I’m in a bit of a crisis which I hadn’t noticed until a week ago. The name of this blog has become irrelevant and dishonest. It’s gonna be hard letting go of the ‘teen’ though; I kinda thought it made me special…now I’m just another blogger in an endless sea of bloggers. You must be thinking, ‘How pretentious is this guy!’ To be honest the gay east African teen’s point of view is rarely heard, and I am not about to claim that you’ve heard it entirely on this blog. I have always tried to make it clear to people that I do not represent anyone, and that all the opinions voiced on here I do not mention on anyone’s behalf. But after a year and a half of exposing my thoughts and sometimes childish ideologies online I have come to discover that there are many people out there that share my point of view, and others that have instead learnt to embrace that point of view and made it their own. Now that I’m twenty I realize it has brought me immense joy to have encountered all the people I did through this blog and for that I am truly grateful.

I'll be changing the name and URL soon. I'm open to suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Well, "Confessions of a Gay Ugandan Youth" would be accurate.

    Or "Confessions of a Young, Gay Ugandan."

    "Confessions of a Ugandan—Young, Male, and Gay"


    John-Julian

    ReplyDelete